Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Graffiti love.

             I love doing graffiti. Not the illegal type, but just on paper with markers. It's such a great way to express yourself, and because it's "abstract", you really can't screw up. I'm normally not the artistic type. I'm creative, I just can't put it down on paper in a way I like. We're learning about graffiti art (not tagging, there is a difference!) in art class at co-op this month. Who would've thought a group of homeschoolers would be learning about something that is normally classified as vandalism? Not me. An hour of drawing at co-op this afternoon was just not enough for me, so I came home and spent another hour and a half creating my masterpiece(s). I like using colors to give it some life, but there's just no comparison to the stark contrast of black and white. It's such an edgy, "gothic novel" look. Well if I don't stop typing now, I may never. Lol. So it looks like I have something new to keep me busy with. :)

No comments: