This weeks trend: flower hair accessories.
I am seriously obsessed with these things. They are super cute in a chignon, or even just as a headband. They're also really inexpensive and cheap to make.
Here's a quick how-to tutorial.
- a hot glue gun
- alligator hair clips
- silk flowers (I purchased mine at JoAnne’s when they had their spring flowers on clearance.)
2. Pull off the small plastic backing that is keeping the silk petals in place. (see it there above the flower?)
3. Remove all petals that are not firmly attached to the center and very front of the flower.
The type of flower will determine how many of the petals you will remove.
4. Glue each layer of petals to the previous layer with the glue gun using the remainder of the ‘stem’ to line up each layer of petals
5. Trim any remaining stem so that it is flush with petals
6. Glue clip to back of flower
I found this cheat to be helpful when I hot glued the clip onto the back so that the clip didn’t glue itself closed.
I hope you've enjoyed Trendy Tuesday #1!
*all photos taken from www.raisingolives.com