Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Train Wreck.

    DISCLAIMER: This is going to be a mess of a blog post. If you can handle it, proceed.

   I'll start off with the exciting things that happened to me this week. Last night was Girl's Bible Study. I love that time. It's so nice to spend time with other girls just digging into God's word. Then today we had co-op. I was really bummed after first hour because I totally bombed my Cultural Anthropology quiz. Yes, that's right, I failed. It's not something I'm proud of, but it's not something I'm going to dwell on. It's in the past and I'm going move on and try harder. Then things started to look up when I got an A on my paper. English is my thing.

   Then, I came home to a huge surprise! I got a truck! It's a black Dodge Ram 1500. Don't ask me about the details, because I don't know. All I know is that it has air conditioning and it's super cute. My dad will be using it occasionally, but it is mostly mine! I'm so thankful that my parents bought this...they are the best.

   And, this week, I got a job! One of our student associates, James, has two little girls. He and his wife need someone to watch the girls once a week while James works and Abi has basketball practice. I've been praying about a job for a while now, and He is faithful.

  Something I've been thinking about this week is feelings. Imagine that, a teenage girl thinking about feelings. Shocker. The thing I've always struggled with is overreacting and under reacting. I don't want to over-analyze my feelings, because then I create problems that don't exist. But I don't want to be careless with my feelings, because then I might make a choice that isn't in line with Gods plan for me. So where do I find balance? I wrestle with this a lot. Any suggestions? Help is appreciated.

No comments: