Saturday, October 22, 2011

Screams and dreams.

    Obviously screams and dreams do not go hand in hand. But they are two things that have played a role in my life this past week.

    First off, screams. Rbcstudents took a little field trip to the Verona corn maze last night. Hello, haunted! I like to think that I'm not a scaredy-cat, but in reality, I am. We were but a few steps into the maze before I shut my eyes, grabbed the person in front of me, and ran. Strobe lights, creepy clowns that aren't supposed to touch you but do, and bubble/chainsaw machines kind of scare me. Luckily I wasn't the only one that was mildly terrified. A few other girls, Abi, Kari, and myself all bonded over screaming our heads off. Fortunately, we had our fearless leader, Daniel, and James to "guide" us through. If you ask me, we just made a bunch of random turns and magically ended up at the end. After finishing the maze, we gathered around the fire to roast hotdogs and marshmallows and chat. Then a group of us walked over to see some of the boys launch pumpkins. Jess and I took off when the giant creepy thing with horns started coming towards us. We ended up having a nice conversation on the way back to the fire. I loved getting to spend some quality time with some of my closest friends. It's not every day a girl finds true friends like these!

  Now we shall talk about dreams. I have lots of them. And I want to make lots of them happen. Here's a short little list of a few of my dreams:

1. Backpack around Europe before I have kids.
2. Study abroad for a semester.
3. Go on a short term foreign mission opportunity.
4. Meet the man of my dreams, fall in love, and get married (simple, right?).
5. Have kids.
6. Adopt kids.
7. Build a house.
8. Write a book.
9. Live life to the fullest, and never waste a moment.
10. Love God with all I am.

    I do realize that probably only a few of these will actually come true. So if I had to choose, it'd be 3,4,5,9, and 10. I like to dream big. I think if we don't dream big, then we will never do big things. And I want to do big things. What are your dreams?

No comments: