Monday, October 17, 2011

Recap.

        Hello Blogger-world! This has been one fun week! I have been really busy, but it's doing stuff I enjoy. I know there will come a time in my life where I will be busy doing things I don't particularly like, so I'm thankful for some fun things to do right now.

        Wednesday I spent the afternoon in the office with Jessie. James was on vacation so we had some good girl time. Then that night we had Midweek. Let me tell you, I really love Wednesday night services. They are so energizing and uplifting that it gives me a positive outlook on the rest of the week. We continued our study on Courage. If you haven't heard Francis Chan before, check him out. He is such a great speaker and is so encouraging.

       Thursday was round 2 of the office. Jessie and I hung out all day and then caravaned over to Parkview to serve dinner to the football team. They are such a great group of guys and I hope they have a great rest of the season.

       Friday I celebrated my bestie's, Brittany, sweet 16. We all met up at co-op and had some pizza, and then over to the mall for a scavenger hunt. We split up into teams and had to spell out sixteen with pictures of items in the mall. Here's what we came up with...

S- Skittles
I- Icee
X- XS shirt
T- Teddy bear
E- Energy drink
E- Elephant
N- Necklace

       And, of course, my team won! Then it was time for karaoke and cupcakes back at the church. Brittany is such a great friend and I was so glad I got to celebrate her birthday with her!

      Saturday was the annual JH bonfire out at the Elliotts house. There were eight of us SH students that volunteered to help. We had around 65 Junior High kids that night, so it was a huge success. The evening started off with a scavenger hunt. The Elliott's have a couple of acres so the place was crawling with students. Then we ate a dinner of hot dogs and hamburgers, standard bonfire food. Up next was the always entertaining "Capture the Pumpkin". There's nothing like 65 kids running around in the dark wearing glow-in-dark glasses while trying to steal a pumpkin. After we were tired and sweaty from playing, we gathered around the fire for some worship. Daniel did a few songs and then Quinn did a short teaching time. I was amazed at how attentive the students were during this half hour. It was a great message and I think it hit home with a lot of them. Finally, we broke out the marshmallows for some s'mores. It was a great night and I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

   Yesterday we had church in the morning. As we were leaving, someone came and pointed outside saying that there was a lot of black smoke coming from down the street. We hopped in the car and drove about a mile before we came upon the fire. One of the apartment complexes down the road had caught on fire. It was so horrible to see the fire blazing and parts of the building falling off. Please pray for the families that lost their homes in the fire. Then last night was the Mark Shultz/ 33 Miles concert at church. My mom, Daniel, and I were volunteers, but once we realized that they didn't need us, Daniel and I drove over to Phoenix's house for Bible study.

   Today has just been a weird day. I knew it wasn't going to go well for me when I poured a bowl of cereal and then tried to eat it with a fork. After I finished my Algebra 2, I realized that I had yet to read 13 pages of A&P, and I have a test over it tomorrow. I studied my little butt off and learned all about the skin, only to realize I had read my syllabus wrong, and the quiz isn't until next week. Fail. Tonight I'm going and working the Nixa concession stand at the football game. It'll help me earn money towards upcoming trips and events, so I will be serving hot dogs until Jesus comes back, or 8 tonight, whichever comes first.

   So needless to say, it's been a full but fun week here at my house. I hope your week will be full of surprises and blessings!

No comments: