Monday, October 31, 2011

Tired.

Do you remember how when you were younger, bedtime used to be a battle? I never wanted to go to bed. Now, I'm the complete opposite. When I got home from church last night, I was so excited to sleep in my own bed that it wasn't even funny. I crawled under the covers and passed out.

This weekend was so much fun. We left bright and early on Saturday morning to meet our group at Belgium Waffle House in Ozark. From there we headed down to Arkansas. I drove. Bad idea. The roads in Harrison are ridiculous. They are so skinny that I had a hard time keeping my truck in it's lane. But if I thought the roads there sucked, I wasn't prepared at all for Jasper. The speed limit is 20mph because the roads are SO curvy. I was crying by the time we pulled over for gas, because I was so stressed about just staying on the road.

Once we arrived at Kyle's Landing, we started the descent down the mountain on a super sketchy dirt road. We picked out our sites and got to work setting up our stuff. We had eight tents! There were sixteen of us that went, and I was the only girl. After we got set up, everybody set off on the hike. I always go on the hike, but this year I passed. The trail they were taking was straight up a riverbed, and I have a superb knack for really twisting my ankles. So I hung back with my dad and brother, and ended up taking a nap in my truck.

That night we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, of course. Then we sat around the fire just laughing at jokes and stories until about eleven. I had my own tent this year because my dad snores like a freight train. So I wrapped myself up in my sleeping bag and went to sleep, only to awaken about two hours later because I was so cold. I was up the rest of the night trying to stay warm.

About seven-thirty the next morning, we had breakfast and stood around the fire trying to heat up. Packing up our stuff always sucks, but it went really fast this year. When we were packed and had taken a group picture, we started the drive home. Every year we stop in Harrison to eat at Western Sizzlin'. This year was no disappointment. I had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with white gravy, a roll, roast and potatoes, ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies. And it came within being in the top five best meals of my life. Yum.

When we got back last night, I had to go to church for a rehearsal, and then there was Bible study afterwards. Ashlyn and I had fun, but then again, it's always fun with the two of us. When we came home, I sat and watched TV for a little bit before I gave up and went to bed.

This week has been/will be crazy, but I love it. Tomorrow is my birthday (holla!), Wednesday I start watching the cutest little girls, Thursday I go up to the office, Friday I have a dress rehearsal, Saturday we have an event at church, and then Sunday we have church. I'm looking forward to a very busy "birthday week".

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Cute post Em! Excited for your birthday! :-)

Em said...

Thanks! I am too! Are we doing lunch Friday?

Kari said...

Yes, we are but it depends on you missy! What time are you taking your drivers test?

Em said...

I think about 9. I figure by then kids will be in school and they won't be very busy.