Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Love.

      Well, it happened tonight. I fell in love. Actually, it was more like I jumped back into love. I jumped back into love with my Creator. The God who gave me life and breath is my lifelong love. He was my first, and He'll be my last.

        We sang a song tonight that said, "Your grace is sufficient for me". How true is that? His grace will always be enough for me. Whether I know it or not, He is always sufficient. I forgot that. But I remember now. I remember that feeling of being lit on fire and having this internal flame in my soul. I remember wanting to run around telling everyone how incredible my God is. He loves me. He loves ME. With all my quirks, faults, and screw-ups. He loves me wholey and completely. He never leaves me. He will never forsake me.

        There was a video played tonight that talked about changing the world. This excites me. I want to do big things for the kingdom. But a lot of times, I get stuck. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, or how I'm supposed to be going about carrying out my calling. It hit me tonight: love. Love God, and love others. That is what God calls us to do. If we love God, and love others, everything else will work itself out.

       I'm not sure why it took me 15 years to realize this (*facepalm*), but I'm glad I realized it at all. If you're struggling with handling God's call on your life, love. Love God, and love others. You will be filled. I promise.

      Peace out, girl scout.


P.s: I realize this post is totally random, but it was what was on my heart. Thanks for reading.

No comments: