Wednesday, March 2, 2011

YouTwitFace.

           No, I did not just call you a mean name. It is the title of our new Wednesday night series. What happens when social networking and your faith collide? Wow. There's some food for thought. But really think, what effects do Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. have on our lives? Now social networking isn't all bad, but a lot of negative things stream from gossip on networking sites. Take the violence in Egypt for instance. All of that fighting because someone said something they probably shouldn't have on Facebook and it got blown out of proportion. Sites like Facebook are also a breeding ground for rumors. She-said-this and she-said-that sort of things. It can also have a negative affect on your self image. "Oh no one liked my status. I must suck at life." Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but you know what I'm talking about. So here's my challenge for you. Take a step back and re-evaluate how much social networking affects your life this week. See how much time you spend on networking sites. Is there something more productive you could be doing with your time? The answer is probably yes. So there is my view on social networking. Until next time, hasta la vista...baby. :)

                     -Emilee



I miss camping. And fall.
Day 6.

No comments: