Monday, December 12, 2011

Tori: Awakened

I promise I haven't forgotten about my blog, I've just been (as usual) extrememly busy!

Tori: Tori is so near and dear to my heart. She's a senior and she is one of the most honest, caring people that I know. She has such a heart for loving others. Girlfriend has also got some beautiful red hair going on. Seriously, I'm so envious. There was major change in Tori around sophomore year, and it has forever changed her outlook on life. She is a beautiful child of God, and she glows with His love.

First, let me say that Tori practically had me in tears within the first ten minutes of her session. And if you know me, you that isn't easy to do. But the way that she was so open and honest about her relationship with her grandma, and about the anger she felt from her grandmas passing was absolutely touching. Tori and her grandma were really close. When she felt like nothing was going right, she could always go to her grandma and have the comfort of knowing that her grandma was there for here. I think it was around the beginning of freshman year (correct me if I'm wrong) that her grandma was diagnosed with cancer. After she passed, Tori was devastated. She starting looking to other things to fill that hole in her heart. By dating this guy, she felt like she was important and beautiful. Little did she know that there was only one man who would fill the void in her life.

Last summer, I got an inbox from Tori asking Ashlyn and I if we wanted to spend the night with her one evening after church. I was so. dang. excited. To me, it was a pretty big deal to be invited over to "the" Tori Vaughan's house. It was such a fun night, and I will always think of it when I think of Tori. By stepping out of her comfort zone, she unconsciously made me feel accepted. We have been good friends ever since, and I know that no matter what, I can always go to Tori and she will love me and pray for me and give me words of wisdom. Her heart for others is such a reflection of Christ, and her love for Him is wildly passionate. When I think of Tori, I remember how she was awakened and how her heart changed. She felt the Lord calling her, and she went running to Him. She surrendered her life and He is using her for the kingdom!

Have you been awakened like Tori? Is God calling you? If He is, run.

Be blessed!

No comments: