Monday, May 23, 2011

Reality tv anyone?

    I'm a sucker for a good reality tv show (if there is such a thing). There's something about watching the extreme dysfunction of overly-tan, overly-highlighted, overly-enhanced women that makes me feel just a bit more normal. One of my favorite, The Bachelorette, premiered tonight. Twenty-five pathetic men trying to gain the 'love' of one desperate women? Oh yes. I'm only one hour into the show and already one guy has shown up in a mask, and another guy has passed out because he is so wasted. It's going to be a good season. My personal favorites so far are J.P and West. The mask guy is weird. Not quirky, weird. And there is one guy there that the previews show as being a total jerk. Needless to say, my eyes were GLUED to the television. In other news, our mission trip meeting was cancelled due to severe weather. We may be on our way to Houston before we have our next meeting! I'm very glad that Nate (our youth pastor) made the decision to cancel though. There was a F4 tornado that destroyed Joplin and killed 116 people. Several are still missing and many have injuries. Homes and businesses were destroyed, and many people were left with nothing. Please pray for this town as they start the process of cleaning up and rebuilding. Check out www.rbcstudents.blogspot.com for info on how you can help.

No comments: