Saturday, May 14, 2011

Houston means I'm one day closer to you...

    I have been humming all day...the tune? "The sun'll come out tomorroooooowwww." After almost a week of b-e-a-utiful weather, we are back to cloudy skies. BUT I have been consoling myself with thoughts of this summer. My youth group is heading down to Houston, TX. I am s-o-o-o-o excited! We will be working with First Baptist Houston on what they call 'The Houston Project'. This is a mission trip in their own backyard. They travel throughout the city hosting Vacation Bible Schools, Youth Events, Adult Ministry, Food Distribution, Sports Ministry, Evangelism, and Prayer. We will not actually be participating in the project but helping set-up the week before. We will also be doing an apartment ministry. The apartment complex houses over 5,000 families. The youth group will be putting on a VBS type camp for the kids.  Another aspect of this trip is different religions. We will be touring a Mosque and an Islamic Da'Wah center. Houston is the fourth most populous city, so there is a large number of homeless people. We are staying at one of the FBH outreach centers. This center feeds thousands of homeless people a week. I am so excited to see how God is going to use our group this summer. Please pray for safe travel and unity as a team.


HOUSTON COUNTDOWN: 24 days.

No comments: