Saturday, May 21, 2011

Have you ever...

...danced so much your feet felt like they were going to fall off? I have. Last night was our prom for SCIL and it was an absolute blast! We arrived at 5:30 to receive our orders and take our places. People starting arriving from 6:30-7:30. I was the officially un-official paparazzi (until my camera died)/ registration person/ dance partner. My new friend Ian and I boogied for several songs (including some of the ever popular Black Eyed Peas) until we could boogie no more. It was such a blessing to be able to serve these people. They were so grateful and thanked us numerous times. I was so impressed with our youth group. The students were always willing to help and had such gracious attitudes. Prom ended at nine, and after tear down, we left around ten-thirty. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. I spent today watching all three High School Musical movies. When those movies first came out, my best friend and I were in "love" with Zac Efron. I mean, at eleven, he was the bees knees. We would throw HSM premiere parties. I remember when the second one came out, we spent the evening in my basement with our eyes glued to the tv. As I watched them (for the hundredth time) again today, I had a hard time believing I ever considered that quality entertainment. Between the overly cheesy acting and the lip-synced love songs, it was vomit inducing. But I still sat there and relived my pre-teen dreams. It was sad, but I still enjoyed it. I hope you have a fantastic week, and maybe watch some HSM?


Houston: 17 days.

No comments: