Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Here...

Summer time is here, friends! The sweltering heat and the opening of neighborhood pools has confirmed that Summer 2012 is in full swing. Today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite summer things.

1. The pool. Seriously, there is nothing more relaxing than spending a few hours soaking up the sun and splashing around.

2. P-whip. In case you are not familiar with the treasure that is P-whip, it is a local frozen treat stand. They feature pineapple and then a random flavor. We aren't exactly sure what the "whip" is...maybe really creamy ice cream? Oh well, it's delicious nonetheless.

3. Tan lines. See #1.

4. Friends. Yesterday I spent the morning with my friends at church, the afternoon playing water games at Ashlyn's, and the night chilling with some cool people at Josh's. Honestly, nothing can lift my spirits like these people. Yesterday was just the day I needed. Minus the Irish rock and Dubstep...

5. Good music. See above. Dubstep sounds like people were recording normal music and then an earthquake hit while aliens tried to make contact. Gross. I prefer some Ke$ha or Carly Rae Jepsen. So, call me maybe?

6. Flexibility. There is less of this now that the majority of my friends have jobs, but it's still better than the school year. Now I can call my friends and plan to get together the next day and we don't have to worry about school or homework interfering.

7. Watermelon. It's like a food and a drink.

8. Sunshine. See #1 & #3.

9. CAMP. Possibly the highlight of my summer. Jesus, friends, and the lake. Perfection.

10. Road trips. Stay tuned for this one.

Have a great week, and enjoy your summer sunshine!

No comments: