Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cherish Life.

Ten years ago, I met a little girl. That little girl became my best friend for 5 years, and is still a good friend to this day. That little girl had an older sister, Megan, and an older brother, Josh.

Josh was constantly terrorizing Emma and I. He would throw our American Girl Dolls down the laundry chute that was in their house. One time, we bought a slip'n'slide, and Josh was the first one to try it out. On the very first slide, he out his feet through the end of it. That was the end of the slip'n'slide. We used to play hide and go seek in their backyard with Nathan and Ryan. Josh was a bug pain in my butt the majority of the time, but he was like an older brother to me. He was a good kid. He just finished his freshman year at Dordt college. He was a skilled debater and golfer, and an amazing Christ follower.

Last Wednesday night, Josh committed suicide by laying down in front of a car on the highway. He was on drugs at the time. The past week has been a blur of memories, and lots of tears. I'm sad, because I lost my friend. But I'm also glad, because Josh is in the presence of the Lord now. He is in a place I can only dream about. While our hearts ache here on earth for the loss of a son, brother, and friend, all of Heaven is rejoicing because they just gained an amazing young man.

We miss you Josh, but we know that you are partying it up in Heaven.

No comments: