Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain rain go away...

       Wet. That is the word for the day week. It has been raining constantly since Friday. Now, I usually enjoy rain...usually. I like the rain when it's a soft, steady drizzle, and provides a good backdrop for reading. However, I do not like:

A.) Large bolts of lightning
B.) Scary thunder
C.) Hail
D.) Tornado warnings
E.) All of the above

        The answer is E of course. So, obviously, all of those things occurred this past week. Saturday evening was spent in the basement with the radio on due to a tornado warning. Since we live in Missouri, we have had more than our fair share of tornadoes. Thankfully, we have never had to experience one personally. However, a few years back, there was one that hit a few miles from us. Can you say 'close call'? Today I still have yet to see the sun. Which, in turn, is making me quite gloomy. I'm a summer kind of girl, and this rain stuff is not for me. I prefer 95 and sunny, not 55 and rainy. But I guess I'll just have to pull myself up by the straps of my rain boots until summer comes. Have a marvelous Monday, and stay DRY.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I miss your pictures. What is the status on the camera missy??

Em said...

Still no job, so still no camera:( But I'm going to try and figure out how to upload pictures from my phone!