Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weekend DIY

    I have this small addiction...to spray paint. No, I don't sniff the stuff (it gives me a wicked headache). But I do love to get creative. This weekend I decided to tackle a piece of drywall I had sitting in my room. We had painted these pieces at co-op a couple of weeks ago. Mine was pretty much a light blue background with multi-colored splotches all over. Not exactly a Picasso. It didn't match the color scheme of my room and I just wasn't feeling it. So, I grabbed a can of spray paint from the John-Deer room and set to work. I chose a dark (or so I thought) red...oops. This is like tomato red. Not what I was going for. I only got the first coat of red in before I had to leave for a church event. But, I knew when I got home, that even with only one coat, I didn't like the color. So my next move will be finding a color that doesn't remind me of Elmo. Stay tuned for pictures later! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This sounds so fun! I LOVE weekend diy projects...obviously. :) Can't wait to see the finished product!