Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Simple Plan.

I've been trying to write for the past few days, but either my computer wouldn't cooperate, or my brain wouldn't. But here I am with a working brain and a working computer, ready to share my thoughts. I'm sure they will be very insightful. Ha.

This past year has been so crazy busy, I can't even begin to describe it. And at first, I loved being busy and having stuff to do and places to go every day. But now it's gotten kind of old. Okay, really old. I just want one week where all I do is school and church. Because I feel like I've gotten so caught up in all that I have to do, that those two things get put on the back burner. Of course I still do school, but I'm not focused. Of course I still go to everything at church, but I'm not focused. They are just two more things I have to check off of my list. It shouldn't be that way. Ever.

As I was trying to plan out this next month in my planner, a verse came to me.

"Be still, and know that I am God."

It reminded me that I don't always have to have a plan. I like to micro-manage (one of many faults), so that's a hard concept for me to grasp. But it's a necessary one. So many times I say, "If my plan fails, then God will handle it" when instead I should be saying, "It's okay, God's got it covered." When did His Will stop being enough? When did I decide that my plan was more important that God's? I don't know when it happened, but it was obviously a major lapse in judgement. I'm still working out how to put His plan first, so if you have any bits of wisdom, please feel free to share.

There's a lot happening in my head, but I need to process it up there and then put it in to words, so stay tuned for more deep thoughts. (Again, ha).

I'll leave you with this video....


I may or may not have the entire first verse and chorus memorized. Just sayin'...

No comments: