Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prioritize.

Ok, bloggies, I promise I'm still alive. Things have just been insanely crazy around my house for, well, a few months actually. Every day I sit at the computer and think, "Oh, I need to blog today..." but then it never happens. Fail.

One thing that's been on my heart lately has been prioritizing. I've never had an issue with this when it comes to big things. Church will always come before anything other than family, and family will always come before friends. But I sweat it over the small stuff. For instance, a few weeks ago, I had planned on going to a football game. There are some friends of mine in the band that I promised I would watch march. However, my best friends from co-op, ended up having her sixteenth birthday party that night. What the heck was I supposed to do? I'd promised I would watch the band, but I knew Brittany would be upset if I didn't come to her party. In the end, I ended up going to the birthday party. I realized that five years from now, the memories that I would make celebrating her sixteenth would have more significance than the ones I would make at a football game. But that doesn't mean that decision was easy.

I have this issue with people-pleasing. I don't like to say 'no'. And sometimes, that comes back to bite me right in the tush. People ask me to do things, and I agree, and before I know it I have no free time. Not only do I not have any free time, I have no study time whatsoever. That reflected on a test I got back this week. Ouch. So this week I'm going to practice saying 'no'. I'll get back to you on that...

Have a blessed week!

No comments: