Saturday, September 17, 2011

Slacking.

     Okay, I admit it....I've been a bit of a bad blogger the past few weeks  months. I'm hoping to change that now that school has started. Yes, you read that right. The Garrison Academy for Higher Learning has officially started school, as of two weeks ago. And, as much as I wish I were joking, school might kill me this year. I have so many classes, and I'm testing in the spring so I can go to NHS next year. AGH. <---Yep. Emilee is going back to public school. It's all at once super exciting, and mildly terrifying.

     We started co-op this past week. Oh man. I have got some classes for the books my friends. Cultural Anthropology, IEW Writing, Personal Finance, and Anatomy and  Physiology. Writing is totally going to be my blow-off class. It's always come easily to me, so paper-writing should be a breeze. A&P however, is quite a different story. After the first week, we had to read 25 pages for homework, and we have a quiz this week. I'm scared. I know it'll all work out, I'll just have to study like a mad woman and become an expert note taker.

    My dad is on vacation this week, so we decided to go camping for a few days. We went to Lebanon and camped on the banks of the Niangua. Literally, we were practically ON the river. On Thursday we went for our first family float trip. Oh goodness, where to begin? Well, for starters, the water was really low and quite cold. My mom and I were in one canoe, and my dad and brother in another. We weren't twenty minutes into the float before my mom and I started having issues. Since the river was low, there were spots where if you didn't paddle your you-know-what off, you would drag and then get stuck. Even though we paddled crazy hard, we still got sideways. So yes, we took a little swim in the river. As did our lunch. After five minutes of standing in the middle of the frigid river trying to right our canoe, we finally made it on our way. About fifteen minutes after that, we had more problems. We didn't tip over, but instead did some tree carving. Yes, we ran into a tree. A TREE. I'm sure we looked hilarious. In the meantime, my dad and brother have practically tipped their canoe over because they were laughing at us so hard. Losers. Continuing on down the river, we encountered some nice little rapids. By this time, we (sort of) knew what we were doing, and navigated them with no problem. After the rapids, there were some trees that had long branched that reached over the edge of the bank. You guessed it. We ran into a tree. Again. But this time, instead of just the front of the canoe hitting the tree, I went into the tree. There were branches in front of me, behind me, and on top of me. I was stuck. In a canoe. In a tree. So I started crying. I cried because I was cold and wet, and stuck in a tree. You would cry too. But we finally made it to the take-out point. And just to prove what amazing canoe-ers we are......we canoed 11 miles in 3 and 1/2 hours. Boom.

    All in all, it's been quite the month so far. I can't wait to see what else is going to happen in my crazy life!

P.S- It's only 44 days until my 16th birthday!

No comments: