Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Unite.

     This has been a bit of a crazy week for me, but good nonetheless. I really enjoy being busy in the summer, but there's times where I just want to sit and do nothing. There's only so many hours in a day, right?

     Sunday morning we had church, and I absolutely love my church, but I'm always just exhausted after Sunday morning. Daniel and I led the opening game Sunday morning, and I'm so glad our youth group gets students involved in activities. That morning, our lesson was on 'Our Calling'. Determining my 'calling' has always especially difficult for me, because I've never felt like I had that niche that other girls have. I don't sing, or act, or have a great sense of style. But this week I realized that my calling is to simply glorify the Lord in everything I do. He will use me in every situation that comes my way.

    Monday we went up to my grandmas house to paint. When she asked us to come and help her with some painting, I pictured rollers and a paint can. Wrong. We used spray paint. Yes, you read that right: spray paint. She had us spray paint the wallpaper under her bay window in the front room. After inhaling way too much spray paint, we headed to Zios for lunch. When we got home, Lance and I mowed the yard. All in all it was a long day.

   Tuesday my mom and I went to lunch with Kari at Beths Bake Shop. Yum! I had half of a croissant sandwich and a salad. After lunch I went to work up at the church office. I always have a great time hanging out with the staff and the other apprentices.

   Today Ashlyn and I headed back up to the office to prep for the church-wide prayer gathering we had tonight. This is the third prayer gathering we have had, but the first one I've attended. I loved it! It was such a great time for every generation of the church to come together to worship and come before the Lord in prayer. The music was fantastic thanks to Tyler, James, Nate, and the band.

    I don't have anything to do this weekend! Except for maybe paint the kitchen.... I'm thankful for friends who have even busier schedules than I do, but still make time to hang out and catch up.

    Be blessed and be a blessing!

No comments: